If you are using Office for Mac or Office 365 apps on MacOS, you may encounter a common issue where you are unsure which pop-up to see when you actually open any Office app.
Microsoft [APP] wants to use your confidential information stored in “Microsoft Identity [ID]” in your keychain.
To allow this, enter the “login” keychain password.
It is not clear which password the message is asking for, as it mentions variable ID. We attempted to enter the user account password and selected Always Allow, but the pop-up reappeared. If you leave the password field empty and choose Allow, Deny, or Always Allow, the pop-up will continue to appear. Regardless of the option chosen, it seems the pop-up will reappear. So, how can this issue be resolved? You can try the methods mentioned below to see if they help.
FIX: Microsoft Wants To Use Your Confidential Information
Method 1 – General Suggestions
1. Restart your MacBook and check if the problem resolves on its own.
2. Shut down all Office applications, and reset keychain on your Mac by following the steps mentioned in Apple’s support document.
3. Sign out of the Office application and attempt to sign back in.
Input: Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography is an interesting destination for
Method 2 – Via Keychain Access
1. First of all make sure the Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel are closed and not running even in background.
2. Launch Finder, and navigate to Applications > Utilities. Within the Utilities directory, double-click and open Keychain Access.
To access the information, simply click on the left side here and it will appear in a pop-up window with the corresponding ID that you mentioned. By default, when you switch to the login tab, you will be able to find it in the Keychain Access.
4. Then, in the opened window, remove all the mentioned content related to Kind. Press the Save Changes button.
5. Utilize Open Office applications and you’ll no longer encounter this problem.
If the problem continues, attempt to remove Office for Mac by following this detailed guide:
How To Fully Remove Office For Mac.
Then attempt to reinstall Office for Mac, following the instructions outlined in this manual:.
Set up Office on Mac by utilizing an Office 365 subscription.
I hope this is